This annual Irish publication contains selected cases and materials relevant to Employment Law, specifically the case law and decisions that took place in Ireland throughout 2012. Practitioners need to be up to date and this annual publication provides that service. By being selective, and having that selection carried out by experienced lawyers, practitioners are pointed in the right direction. It will also be of great use to HR professionals and trade union officials who have need to reference this legal area.
The title contains analysis and discussions on:
– Irish law: decisions of the superior courts, Labour Court, Equality Tribunal, Employment Appeals Tribunal etc;
– Irish legislation and statutory instruments;
– English law so far as relevant eg common law decisions;
– EU law: decisions of the Court of Justice of the European Communities and relevant Directives/Regulations;
– Other material such as Annual Reports of the EAT, the Labour Court, the Health & Safety Authority, the activities of NERA as well as decisions listed in other complementary areas of the law, including taxation and pensions. These have all been selected by experienced lawyers in the relevant fields.
This title is part of a series that is released yearly, to reflect each year’s particular case laws and decisions.